I am a Skirt Sports Ambassador and therefore, receive some compensation from their company. However, any and all posts I write about them are purely because I love their brand!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Marathon Weekend - Here I Come!

I had a dream last night that I only had 15 minutes to get ready for my marathon. That included getting dressed, packing my fuel belt, putting on my shoes, using the ever-oh-so-important bathroom and everything else involved in getting ready to run a long race. I don't remember too many details about the dream other than I was excited, anxious and stressed that I wouldn't be at the starting line on time. Oh, the joy of pre-race dreams! I woke up around 2:00 a.m. from that dream feeling the nervous bug in my belly. Thank the Lord I was able to fall back asleep within the hour which is really good for me.
Today I finish packing and the family will head over the mountain pass to the race expo and the pre-race pasta feed. My parents live about 45 minutes from the race headquarters so they are going to meet us at the race expo and pick up the kids for us. They'll take them out to dinner while we participate in the pasta feed and then keep them overnight at their house. My husband and I will head to our hotel room which is just a hop, skip and jump away from the starting line. We've each packed a bag to give to my folks full of warm clothes to throw on after our run, clean clothes for after a shower (supplied at the finish line), some coconut water for electrolyte refueling and two instantaneous ice-packs for any muscle owies. The course is point to point so after our showers we will have to get a ride back to our vehicle at the starting line (hence the pre-packed bags for my parents). We will then drive back to the finish area to attend the awards dinner. My husband is thinking he will be hating life at that point and has warned me his mood may not be the best. He thinks he'd rather sleep than attend an awards meal. I, however, want to experience everything this marathon has to offer so I signed us up for all of it! I want the full meal deal! I mean you only get to run your first marathon once, right? I'm ready to gorge on 26.2 miles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment