I am a Skirt Sports Ambassador and therefore, receive some compensation from their company. However, any and all posts I write about them are purely because I love their brand!

Monday, March 20, 2017

Get Involved! Find Your Fitness Friends!

I just had the best running weekend!  No, it wasn't a race weekend.  It was a Skirt Sports Ambassador Meet Up! A few of us local ambassadors from the Western WA area were able to gather in Tacoma on Saturday.  We were missing quite a few of us as life is busy for everyone but 7 of us were able to gather together.

So. Much. Skirt.
So. Much. Fun.




In case you thought I couldn't count earlier as I said 7 showed up but the photos above only show 6 of us.  We had one amazing lady show up for lunch after and we're so glad she did!  

Let's face it, one of the main contributors of this outrageously wonderful time was the sun!  It's been an incredibly dark and dreary winter here in the PNW.  My last few many runs have been in the pouring rain.  The sky has spit on us, sprayed us, pelted us, swamped us, sneezed on us,  and even hacked big ol' lugies on us.  It has literally vomited rain upon us.  Like my imagery?  Well, after so long that's what it's felt like and I'm one who usually enjoys running in the rain.  It's like the PNW has had a major case of a cold/flu bug and has drowned us in its' soggy wet mess!  Yuck!

It's been a rainy run day every day


But not Sunday.  Sunday the sun showed up.  It glowed bright and just like a good dose of Sudafed can do for a cold, it cleared away the dark and dreary and replaced it with blue skies and cheerful spirits! Thank you sun!!  You were the most welcome of guests for our gathering.


What a view!  


It was a fun time seeing Ambassador's I've gotten to know over the last year as well as getting to know the gals I hadn't ever met other than online.  I also got to bring along my running buddy, Kristy, a new ambassador this year, and let her see first hand the crazy fun of Skirt Sports Sisterhood.

What makes it fun? Well, first, a group run! A young boy, probably in his teens, rode past us on his bike and called out, "Hey, it's the running moms"! That gave us all a good laugh.






 Jump shots are also fun! I know, based on the looks from those passing by, we looked a bit silly jumping over and over again but we didn't care. We were laughing and having a great time.  And getting some good exercise, too!  Yep, I'm including a lot here to entertain you.  You can scroll past quickly, if you like.











 But it's more than just skirts, running and photo ops.  When I signed up for this gig I had no idea exactly what I was getting into.  I knew I loved Skirt Sports and I loved their ideal of real clothes for real bodies.  I also had an inkling I was going to meet some new people who shared the same passion for fitness and fun that I do.  What I didn't know was how quickly I'd grow to really love this group of women!  I've made friends!  The longer I'm in the running scene the more runner's I know but Skirt Sports has taken it a step further.  I have a whole new community of women I can reach out to for encouragement, confirmation, affirmation, support and wisdom. We have facebook groups where we share our accomplishments as well as our struggles.  We share tips and strategies and lessons learned. We share sad moments and funny moments.  Oh my goodness, so much LOL going on in Skirt Sports groups!  We share our frustrations as well as our achievements.  It's a safe place to go to share our hopes, dreams and goals.  It's a place without judgement over how we look when we're doing what we're doing!  No body shaming here! No shaming others and no shaming ourselves!  Let's face it, often we're our own worst critics.  And I can't leave out our sharing of shopping tips.  For instance, how to get the package of new Skirt Sports gear from the mailbox to the closet without a spouse raising eyebrows at yet another Skirt Sports package.  Yes, that's a thing.  Shhh... don't tell my husband!  Ha!

Feel like you're missing out on all this fun because you aren't an ambassador? Well, you can always apply yourself in the future.  In the meantime, you can join the #REALwomenmove challenge. There's a group on facebook and it's for anyone who wants to set a goal in the next 12 weeks or so and reach it!  Want to run a 5K?  There's a plan written by Nicole DeBoom and her hubby Tim.  Try a tri? There's a plan for that also.

You can also simply look up Skirt Sports Ambassadors and start following them on Instagram and their blogs.  Search the #REALwomenmove hashtag.  Interact, comment, and get inspired!  Take your own inspiring photos and use the hashtag yourself!  You don't have to be an ambassador to get in on the fun of #REALwomenmove!  The short of it is this:  Get involved!  The more people you hang with who share your goal of being fit, the more likely you are to stick it out yourself when life tempts you to give up.  You know you don't want to give up, right? Of course not!  So get out there, make some connections, and move!  Connections can be found all around you.  The gym, school, work, church, running stores, running groups, facebook groups, trails, parks...so many options.

There are all kinds of groups out there so keep looking until you find one that fits YOU!  Or feel free to start your own group!

Are you a speedy speedster?  Find a group with fellow fast folk!

More of waddler?  Ever heard of running Penguins?  Yes, that's a legit name for those who follow John "the Penguin" Bingham, known for his slower pace, and husband of Coach Jenny Hadfield.  Look him up! Hey, look up Jenny, too!

Maybe you run for the after run grub? Trust me, you are not alone! 

Want a group who likes to stop midway for those awesome photo opportunities for Instagram later?  Well, I KNOW there are groups like that out there!  LOL!  


I'm so happy to have found all the groups and people I've had over the years who have helped me keep the motivation to keep running.  It isn't always easy and having friends join you for the trip makes it so much easier.  Not easy, mind you, but easier.  And a heck of a lot more fun! Now, go find your tribe and take some jump shots together!

Oh, and in case you missed it, Skirt Sports has some great new styles out.  Here's a little preview of some of my new packages I slipped through the door from my mailbox and into my closet.
(Left to Right: Hover Capri in Clarity, Mod Quad in Clarity, Hover in Clarity, Mod Quad in Persevere and Racecation Tank, Back of prior outfit, Cascade Skirt and Super Girl Tank in Persevere, Hover Capri in Persevere, Pockettopia Capris in Persevere)  Until the end of March 2017 you can use code 1SSCAPT20 for 20% off.  April will have a new code for the same great discount!




I do receive some compensation as a Skirt Sports Ambassador but this blog post is all my own idea and I am not being compensated for writing it.  I write only because I truly do love this brand and want to share them with you, cause I share what I like with those I like!  Also, I need to thank ambassadors Marie and Kriss for their awesome photography skills with selfie settings and timers!  






No comments:

Post a Comment